We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us; and
- Other information.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the webserver to identify and track the web browser.
On the website, we may employ both "session" cookies and "permanent" cookies. Session cookies will be used to keep track of you while you visit the website. When you close your browser, session cookies are erased from your machine. We will use persistent cookies to recognise you when you visit our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer until you delete them or they reach their expiration date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact on the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using Your Personal Information:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- IKIRU frequently gives out offers to give registered and unregistered members the opportunity to win great discounts and vouchers. Information collected by us for such activities may include contact information and survey questions, which are used to notify contest winners and develop promotions and products respectively. As a member, you will also occasionally receive updates from us about special offers and new products, and in addition, you may look forward to receiving newsletters and exclusive promotions offering special deals. However, you may choose at any time to no longer receive these email messages;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
- Other uses
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Reasons for disclosing your Personal Data to other parties:
We may share your Personal Data with others if it is legal to do so, such as if we or they:
- Need to deliver items or services to you
- When you have initiated a payment.
- Where we have a legal obligation to do so, such as to aid in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Have a demand for regulatory reporting, litigation, or asserting and defending legal rights and interests.
- Have a compelling commercial purpose to do so.
- We'd like to send you information about our products and services, as well as promotional materials.
- Have asked for your permission to share it, and you've accepted to do so. Use our product to improve your online experience.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International Data Transfers:
Furthermore, any personal information you submit for publishing on the website will be published on the internet and may be accessible from anywhere in the world via the internet. We can't stop people from using or misusing such information. You expressly consent to such transfers of personal information.
Security Of Your Personal Information:
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You have the right to request any personal information we have about you. Payment of a charge will be required to obtain such information. To the extent authorized by law, we may withhold such personal information. You can tell us not to use your personal information for marketing reasons at any time by sending us an email. In fact, you will either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or you will be given the option to opt-out of such use.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.